Last updated 9/20/2023 at 4:20pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police released the following reports Sept. 19.
• Victor H. Vela, 33, 3223 W. 38th Place, No. 1, Chicago, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured vehicle, and driving with suspended registration and a suspended license at 2:13 a.m. Sept. 13 at York Road and Ogden Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Shihab M. Salah, 26, 6507 Quincy St., Willowbrook, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal stopping/standing/parking where prohibited, transportation or possession of open alcohol by driver and unlawful possession of cannabis by a driver at 11:29 p.m. Sept. 14 at 55th and Madison streets. The suspect’s vehicle stalled in traffic while he was driving, and he was in possession of an open beer can and unsealed container of suspected marijuana. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Jewelry stolen from home
A ring a bracelet were taken from a jewelry box in a home in the 400 block on North Vine Street between July 14 and Aug. 26. Multiple workers were in the home during the time the jewelry went missing. The theft was reported Sept. 18.
Identity thefts reported
• Someone used the identity of a resident of the 10 block of South Madison Street to withdraw money from her bank account Sept. 11.
• Credit cards belonging to a resident of the 200 block of East Walnut Street were used to make fraudulent charged Sept. 13.
• Someone intercepted a check mailed by a business in the 900 block of North Elm Street and altered the payee and amount on Sept. 8. The incident was reported Sept. 13.
• A known suspect made unauthorized charges on a credit card belonging to a resident of the 100 block of South Washington Street between Jan. 1, 2022, and July 31, 2023. The charges were reported Sept. 13.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.