Last updated 4/20/2022 at 3:12pm | View PDF
Police distributed the following reports April 13 and 19.
• Michael R. Apa, 38, 8817 Lake Ridge Drive, Darien, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, unlawful possession of cannabis by a driver and speeding at 4:47 p.m. April 15 at Clay Street and Hinsdale Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Marko Ciric, 34, 8654 Garfield Ave., Munster, Ind., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding at 2:11 a.m. April 17 at Ogden Avenue and Elm Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Unlawful possession of cannabis
Alvaro S. Almaraz, 25, 455 Falcon Ridge Way, Bolingbrook, was arrested for unlawful possession of cannabis by a driver and speeding at 10:22 p.m. April 18 at Ogden Avenue and Oak Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
License violation arrest
Terrence D. Ben, 40, 192 Elmhurst Road, Crystal Lake, was arrested for driving with a revoked license, operating an uninsured vehicle, unlawful possession of cannabis by a driver and speeding at 11:04 p.m. April 12 in the 600 block of West Ogden Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
A resident reported checkbooks missing from her bag while she was in the process of moving from the 1400 block of Burr Oak Road between noon and 5:30 p.m. April 8. The theft was reported April 12.
Deceptive practice, forgery, fraud
• Someone cashed a check from a business in the 0-100 block of West Hinsdale Avenue intended for a vendor. The incident was reported April 7.
• A resident of the 600 block of South Grant Street reported mailing several checks that were not received by the intended recipient and were altered with different payee information between March 31 and April 5. The incident was reported April 12.
• A resident of the 400 block of North County Line Road reported that his bank account had been compromised between Dec. 1 and April 2 and money was missing. He notified police April 13.
Damage reported to property, vehicle
• The locking mechanism on the entrance door to a building in the 300 block of South Grant Street was damaged between 10 p.m. April 5 and 10 a.m. April 6. The damage appears to have been caused by pulling on the door while it was locked.
• Someone cracked the glass on the door and spray painted the exterior brick wall of a building in the 0-100 block of East First Street between March 26 and April 7.
• Someone threw a rock and shattered the back window of a vehicle parked in a driveway in the 10 block of Orchard Road between 6 p.m. April 16 and 8 a.m. April 17.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.