Last updated 3/30/2022 at 3:16pm | View PDF
• Information belonging to a resident of the 400 block of S. County Line Road was used to open a utility account Dec. 15, 2016. The victim received a notice from collections stating a balance owed of $334. The incident was reported March 22.
• Information belonging to a resident of the 5700 block of Foxgate Lane was used to open two bank accounts March 25, the same day the incident was reported to police.
• Joseph M. Chiavaroli, 42, 2850 Vassar Dr., Boulder, Colo., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lighting at 10:57 p.m. March 25 in the 200 block of North Garfield Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Casandra Edwards, 31, 749 Burnham Dr., University Park, was arrested for driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08 and driving while license suspended at 3:53 a.m. March 26 at Salt Creek Lane and Ogden Avenue. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Robert T. Spencer, 45, 4533 Garritano St., Yorkville, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol at 5:24 a.m. March 27 in the 700 block of South County Line Road after he was observed sleeping in the driver’s seat. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Jeremiah N. Williams, 30, 10814 Hastings St., Westchester, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol at 7:26 a.m. March 27 at York Road and The Lane after he was seen sleeping in the driver’s seat. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Traffic stop leads to arrests
Bulmaro Jacobo, 31, 2021 N. Kedzie Ave., Chicago, was arrested for unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while license suspended at 1:40 a.m. March 27 at 120 East Ogden Avenue. A passenger in the vehicle, Javier Avila, 30, 2608 W. Crystal St., Chicago, was arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia. The car was stopped for a registration inquiry. Jacobo was charged and released to appear in court. After the substance in his possession tested positive for cocaine, Avila was charged and taken to DuPage County Jail.
Multiple charges in traffic stop
Aaron J. Smith, 25, 1015 S. LaGrange Road, La Grange, was arrested for driving while license suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, unlawful possession of cannabis by a driver, improper display of registration and driving with an expired registration at 4:39 p.m. March 25 at Wolf Road and 55th Street. After being stopped for an expired registration, Smith was found in possession of a green leafy substance that tested positive for cannabis. He was charged and released to Countryside police for service of an active arrest warrant.
Hinsdale police responded to a report of an unresponsive person slumped over in a parked vehicle at 12:03 p.m. March 28 in the Grant Square parking lot. The person was found in possession of a white powdery substance and was released pending results of lab testing.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.