Last updated 10/27/2021 at 3:07pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Oct. 26.
• Daniel A. Latham, 60, 8025 Wood Glen Lane, Downers Grove, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, resisting arrest and improper lane use at 2:09 a.m. Oct. 20 in the 400 block of East Ogden Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Jonathan A. Thorsness, 33, 6135 Essex Court B, Willowbrook, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, disobeying a stop sign, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and not driving on the right side of the road after a single vehicle crash at 9:58 p.m. Oct. 23 in the 200 block of East Third Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Amber Lynn Lanz, 33, 6725 W. 112th St., Worth, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting or obstructing a police officer after a single vehicle crash at 11:46 p.m. Oct. 23 in the 600 block of North Garfield Avenue. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrest on warrant
Sharia Mathis, 30, 721 W. Highland Ave., 501, Elgin, was arrested on a warrant out of Kane County and for speeding at 12:55 a.m. Oct. 26 at York Road and Ogden Avenue. Mathis was cited for speeding and transported to Kane County Jail.
Purses stolen from store
Three purses valued at $5,450 were stolen at 5:26 p.m. Oct. 21 from Marcus, 101 S. Washington St. The suspects were described as two black males in their mid-30s; one had tattoos on his temple and the side of his face, long dreads and was wearing a black jacket, and the other was wearing a red varsity style jacket. Police said they believe the suspects are part of group that is responsible for similar thefts in Skokie and Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood.
Attempted burglary from dealer
An employee of Hinsdale Land Rover, 336 E. Ogden Ave, reported an unknown suspect wearing a black ski mask attempted to gain entry to the dealership’s repair shop at 4:11 p.m. Oct. 20. The suspect fled the area in a black Volkswagen SUV after he was unable to open the shop door. Police reported that a short time later the same vehicle was involved in an attempted carjacking at York Road and 22nd Street in Oak Brook.
Yard decoration stolen
A Halloween decoration was stolen at 9:18 p.m. Oct. 23 from a yard in the 5800 block of South Grant Street.
• Four fraudulent checks were forged and cashed against victims’ bank accounts on Oct. 14 in the 5600 block of South Elm Street. The incident was reported Oct. 20.
• Six fraudulent checks were cashed against the business bank account of Molecular Imaging Chicago, 3 Grant Square, between Oct. 14 and 15. The incident was reported Oct. 20.
• Six fraudulent checks were cashed against a bank account between Oct. 15 and 18 in the 5600 South Elm Street. The victim reportedly mailed the checks, and the payee information and the dollar amounts were altered. The incident was reported Oct. 21.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.