Last updated 12/16/2020 at 5:46pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police released the following reports Dec. 9 and 15.
• Ma Guadalupe Arellano Castaneda, 3, 416 E. Bailey Road, No. 201, Naperville, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane use, driving with a defective windshield and driving too fast for conditions at 1:54 a.m. Dec. 9 at Route 83 and 55th Street. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Richard C. Bogdanowicz, 63, 132 S. Chandler Ave., Elmhurst, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of a property damage accident at 5:44 p.m. Dec. 11 at The Lane and York Road. Police were called with the driver hit a wooden barricade and fled. He was located at Ninth and Garfield streets and was charged and released to appear in court.
Selling liquor to a minor
Vivek B. Patel, 26, 9610 W. Golf Road GS, Des Plaines, was arrested for the unlawful sale of alcohol to a person under 21 at 3:35 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Hinsdale Food Mart, 5827 S. Madison St. Police conducted a controlled buy of alcohol and the suspect sold to a person under 21. Patel was sited and released to appear in court.
Suspended license arrest
Alma Y. Arredondo, 45, 8735 Ogden Ave., Lyons, was arrested for driving with a suspended license, having a suspended registration and driving an uninsured motor vehicle at 3:39 p.m. Dec. 13 at County Line Road and 55th Street. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Flag stolen, pole damaged
A political flag was stolen and the flag pole damaged between Nov. 27 and Dec. 4 at a home in the 10 block of North Vine Street.
Hit and run incidents
• An unknown suspect struck the rear driver’s side of a vehicle parked on the street in the 10 block of Madison Street between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dec. 2.
• Someone hit the trailer of a truck while it was parked in the street in the 400 block of South Garfield Avenue sometime before 9:15 a.m. Dec. 9. The suspect is described as a white female with brown hair driving a silver Acura sedan.
Plate stolen from vehicle
A rear license plate was taken from a vehicle owned by a resident of the 400 block of West Ninth Street, probably between 5:30 and 9:30 p.m. Dec. 8 while the owner was running errands.
A check mailed Nov. 17 by a resident of the 5800 block of Woodmere Drive to a company in Morris was reported stolen Dec. 4. The victim was alerted that the company did not receive the check and, upon contacting the bank, discovered the check was cashed at an ATM by an unknown suspect.
Deceptive practice reported
A resident of the 600 block of South Quincy Street received a phone call from an unknown suspect who claimed to be an agent from the Social Security Administration at 6 p.m. Dec. 1. The victim was instructed to purchase $2,500 in gift cards to investigate illegal activity involving her social security number. The victim purchased $2,414 in gift cards and texted pictures of the cards to the suspect.
Identity theft cases
• Information belonging to a resident of the 10 block of East Kennedy Lane was used to open a credit card account as reported 5:56 p.m. Nov. 30.
• Information belonging to a resident of the 200 block of North Elm Street was used to file an unemployment claim as reported 10:39 a.m. Dec. 4
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.