Last updated 1/22/2020 at 4:32pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Jan. 14 and 21.
• Andriy Bindas, 52, 450 Bedford Lane, Volo, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and illegal transportation of alcohol at 4:31 p.m. Jan. 14 in the 600 block of West Walnut Street. An open container of whiskey was located inside the vehicle. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Brian P. O’Doherty, 62, 22 Portwine Road, Willowbrook, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 12:13 a.m. Jan. 18 at Hinsdale Avenue and Washington Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrest for suspended license
Moesha D. Ferguson, 23, 4554 W. 122nd St. No. 207, Alsip, was arrested for driving with a suspended license at 7:19 a.m. Jan. 21 in the 500 block of County Line Road. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Vehicle stolen from driveway
A 2016 Toyota Highlander was stolen at 3:07 p.m. Jan. 17 while it was left running with the keys inside in a driveway in the 700 block of North Oak Street. The vehicle’s contents included a cell phone, $150, credit/debit cards, a checkbook, sunglasses, a handbag, a garage door opener and an I-PASS. The suspect, described as a black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, dark pants and white shoes, was observed on surveillance exiting a blue sedan. Police located the blue sedan unoccupied on Fuller and County Line roads, learning it was reported stolen from Forest Park.
Identity thefts reported
• Someone used the identity of a resident of the 10 block of East 55th Street to purchase a $4,603 laptop through an online lease-to-own retailer on Dec. 3. The incident was reported Jan. 10.
• Information belonging to a resident of the 100 block of North Adams Street was used to open a credit account and charge $4,848.25 on July 19, 2018. The incident was reported Jan. 18.
• A business account belonging to a resident of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street was used to make a fraudulent charge in the amount of $550.71 on Jan. 3. The incident was reported Jan. 20.
Harassing calls, texts received
A known suspect made telephone calls and sent text messages that were threatening in nature to a resident of the 200 block of East Chicago Avenue at 10:26 a.m. Jan. 15.
Resident victimized by scam
A resident of the 900 block South Adams Street sent between $45,000 and $50,000 to an unknown suspect between May and July 2019 after being contacted by the suspect through social media regarding investments. The incident was reported Jan. 15.
A known suspect forged five checks totaling $6,650 from the account of a business at 333 Chestnut St. between Dec. 23-28. The incident was reported Jan. 6.
Money missing from safe
Staff of RML Specialty Hospital, 5601 S. County Line Road, reported $2,793.24 was taken from an office safe between Dec. 11 and Jan. 17.
Sled taken from porch
A decorative sled was stolen from a porch in the 700 block of Woodside Avenue between Jan. 10 and 14.
Eggs were thrown at vehicle legally parked on the street in the 600 block of South Monroe Street between 6 and 10:30 p.m. Jan. 16, damaging the paint.