Then and now

 
Series: Hinsdale 150 | Story 47

Last updated 11/21/2023 at 3:28pm | View PDF

The building at 35 E. First St. was built in 1929 for hardware dealer Ray Soukup. For decades Hinsdaleans ran to Soukup's for any hardware or household item they needed. The business remained in the family for 63 years, with Hank eventually taking over for his dad. After buying the building, the Fuller family continued with a home and hardware store facing First Street until 2018, when it became Fuller House bar and grill. The hardware store is now tucked around the corner on Garfield Avenue, just past all the Christmas trees stacked and waiting to be put on display in the tree lot. (Hinsdale Historical Society photo/Jim Slonoff photo)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/29/2024 20:05