Last updated 11/21/2023 at 5:10pm | View PDF
Hinsdale High School District 86
Among other business at their Nov. 16 meeting, board members:
• approved a resolution estimating the 2023 total tax levy at $112.4 million. A public hearing on the levy will be held at the board’s Dec. 21 meeting.
• agreed to spend up to $3.14 million with DCG Roofing Solutions for roofing repairs to Hinsdale Central and Hinsdale South high schools
• awarded a bid for railing replacements at Hinsdale Central to Edwin Anderson Construction Co. in an amount not to exceed $458,000
• voted 6-0 to approve the program of studies for the 2024-25 school year. The document, which lists courses to be offered next year, was discussed twice at Academic Committee meetings and once by the board at its Oct. 26 meeting.
• learned from Chairman Asma Akhras that the Academic Committee met Nov. 9 and reviewed the June 23 vote to pause social studies curriculum work and that a discussion of alignment “to ensure clarity and understanding by all board members” will be on the agenda for the board’s Dec. 21 meeting.