Last updated 9/27/2023 at 3:46pm | View PDF
Community Consolidated District 181 Board
Among other business at their Sept. 18 meeting, board members:
• heard an update from Kristin Reingruber, director of assessment, instruction and evaluation, on the science pilot under way. Two resources are being piloted at the elementary school level and two at the middle schools, with plans to have new materials in place for the 2024-25 school year. The last science resource pilot and purchase was for the 2018-19 school year.
• learned the owner of the building at 133 Ogden Ave., which the district has an agreement to purchase for its new headquarters, reached an agreement with a first-floor tenant to waive its five-year lease extension and vacate the premises by Sept. 30, 2024. The district expects to start remodeling the building in the fall of 2024 and to move to the new space in June of 2025, when its current lease in a Clarendon Hills office building expires. The district expects to close on the new property on Sept. 29.
• received a report on sixth-day enrollment in the district, which is 3,559, down about 1.4 percent from the 2022 sixth-day enrollment of 3,608.
Hinsdale Village Board
Among other items Sept. 19, trustees:
• tabled a vote on a approving a proposed three-year contract extension with Republic Services for garbage collection after Village President Tom Cauley raised concerns about an escalator clause that allows the firm to increase fees if the average price of diesel climbs above $4.75 per gallon for a period of 90 days. With diesel prices currently above $4 already, Cauley proposed that the surcharge threshold be increased to $5.25 a gallon. A Republic Services representative said the firm would consider that proposal and respond.
• awarded the contract for rehabilitating and reconstructing the police department’s gun range HVAC system to Burke LLC for $250,000. All but $9,000 of the cost will of the project will be covered by grant funding from the Illinois Secretary of State.
• awarded the design engineering and construction observation professional services contract for the 2024 street resurfacing program to HR Green for $94,420
• awarded the 2023 sidewalk replacement program contract to TNT Concrete Construction in the amount of $49,800