The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Once upon a time

 

Last updated 9/28/2022 at 4:25pm | View PDF

Early merchants - This photo in Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale," shows Walgreens on the northeast corner of First and Washington streets. "Dr. Merrick's and Evernden's original 1872 drug store changed ownership and locations twice before Walgreens bought the business in 1935. It remained at the First and Washington Street location until closing in 1973. It was not until 1986 that Walgreens again had a presence in Hinsdale."

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022

Rendered 12/04/2022 05:14