Last updated 6/15/2022 at 3:17pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports June 15.
• Sonia L. Thompson, 30, 7925 S. Vernon Ave., Chicago, was arrested for felony aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a revoked license, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, transportation of open alcohol by a driver and driving an uninsured vehicle at 9:37 p.m. June 5 at AdventHealth Hinsdale Hospital, 120 N. Oak St. Police were called for a vehicle that had crashed into a guardrail at the hospital. Thompson was charged and taken to DuPage County Jail.
Police also arrested her passenger, Precious P. Thompson, 33, 201 Lake St., Oak Park, on an active arrest warrant. She was taken to the Oak Park Police Department.
• Amanda C. Spataro Conoboy, 35, 301 Blackstone Ave., Willow Springs, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding at 1:23 a.m. June 11 in the 200 block of 55th Street. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Omar Perez-Reyes, 20, 105 Maple Ave., Downers Grove, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, speeding and driving without a valid license at 2:56 a.m. June 11 at Ogden Avenue and Route 83. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Shawn N. Mullarkey, 45, 119 W. Walnut St., Hinsdale, was arrested for aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol (third violation) with a child passenger (felony), aggravated assault of an officer, resisting or obstructing a police officer and possession of open alcohol by a driver at 7:46 p.m. June 9 in the 100 block of West Walnut Street. Police were dispatched for an intoxicated motorist who was involved in a crash in Aurora and left the area. The suspect had an arrest warrant out of DuPage County. A search warrant was obtained and the suspect submitted blood and urine samples. She was charged and taken to DuPage County jail.
Burglaries to vehicles
• A baton and hunting knife valued at $100 were taken from a car parked in a driveway in the 10 block of Princeton Road at 4:35 a.m. June 11. The suspects rummaged through the interior, damaging the wood panel in the center console.
• A cell phone and $20 were taken from a car parked in the 200 block of Phillippa Street between 4 p.m. June 10 and 10:40 a.m. June 11.
• Someone entered a vehicle while it was parked in the driveway in the 500 block of Phillippa Street between 4:07 and 4:15 a.m. June 11 and rummaged through the interior.
• Someone entered a vehicle while it was parked in the driveway in the 700 block of Phillippa Street at 4:16 a.m. and rummaged through the interior.
• Someone intercepted a check between May 18 and June 8 that had been issued by the Village of Hinsdale, 19 E. Chicago Ave., and placed in the mail. A village employee was informed that the recipient did not receive the check, which had been altered and deposited by an unknown suspect.
• Checks two victims placed in the drop box at the U.S. Post Office, 109 Symonds Drive, were intercepted, with the suspect altering the payee information and depositing the checks. The first victim dropped off the mail between 4 and 5 p.m. June 5. The second incident occurred between June 2 and 9.
• Someone intercepted a check mailed from Hinsdale Management, 21 Spinning Wheel Road, between May 27 and 28. The suspect altered the payee information and deposited the check. The incident was reported June 10.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.