Last updated 3/16/2022 at 2:49pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports March 15.
Kevin C. Backus, 51, 437 Ridge Ave., Clarendon Hills, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08 and speeding at 1:13 a.m. March 10 in the 5900 block of South Madison Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrests on warrants
• James R. Pantel, 32, 38575 N. Lewis Ave., Beach Park, was arrested on a warrant out of Lake County at 10:26 p.m. March 12 at County Line Road and 55th Street after a property damage crash. The suspect was a passenger in one of the vehicles involved. He was taken to DuPage County Jail.
• Benino Nino, 27, 260 N. Calhoun St., Aurora, was arrested on a warrant out of the Aurora Police Department at 1:01 a.m. March 12 at Ogden and Cass avenues after being stopped for a registration inquiry. He was given court information and released on bond.
Vehicle theft suspect pursued
Police were notified of a suspect who fled from Villa Park Police in a stolen vehicle south on Route 83 from Roosevelt Road at 12:27 a.m. March 13. The suspect was located in the 500 block of West 55th Street but fled from police attempting to stop him. The suspect later crashed his vehicle in North Riverside and was taken into custody by North Riverside Police.
IBLP windows vandalized
Windows were damaged at the Institute in Basic Life Principles, 950 N. Madison St., between March 4 and 7. The damage appeared to have been caused by large rocks that were found on the ground by the damaged windows. There were no signs of entry to the building, and nothing was reported missing. The incident was reported March 9.
Fraud incidents reported
• Someone claiming to be an employee of Union Church, 137 S. Garfield Ave., emailed the church a request to change bank account information for direct deposit between Feb. 1 and March 10. A loss of $2,532.64 was reported.
• An unknown suspect cashed a fraudulent check for $4,000 against the checking account of a resident of the 200 block of Racquet Club Court between March 7 and 14.
• Someone cashed a fraudulent check against business checking account of AKAT Scrap Metal, 15 Spinning Wheel, on Feb. 11. The incident was reported March 8.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.