Last updated 2/23/2022 at 2:49pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Feb. 22.
Marco A. Ruiz, 31, 6097 Knollwood Road, Willowbrook, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, improper lane use and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 2:17 a.m. Feb. 20 at Ogden Avenue and Route 83. He was charged and released to appear in court.
License violation arrests
• Justin M. Bruegger, 37, 622 Barnsdale Road, LaGrange Park, was cited for driving with a suspended license, operating a motor vehicle with registration suspended for noninsurance and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 8:37 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 400 block of West Ogden Avenue. He was cited and released to appear in court.
• Josh D. Tate, 22, 1637 S. 58th Court, Cicero, was arrested for driving with a suspended license, operating a motor vehicle with registration suspended for noninsurance and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 11:51 p.m. Feb. 18 at 55th Street and Garfield Avenue. He was cited and released to appear in court.
Men arrested on warrants
• Nicholas C. Svoboda, 28, 946 S. Bodin St., Hinsdale, was arrested on a warrant out of Will County at 8:55 p.m. Feb. 19 at 55th Street and Route 83. He was a passenger in a vehicle stopped for an equipment violation. He posted bond and was released to appear in court. The driver was issued a warning.
• Ryan M. Criswell, 31, 247 Galewood Drive, Bolingbrook, was arrested on a warrant out of DuPage County at 12:57 a.m. Feb. 16 at the Hinsdale Oasis on Interstate 294 after he was stopped for a registration inquiry. He was unable to post bond and was taken to DuPage County Jail.
Car window shattered
The rear window of a vehicle parked on the street in the 100 block of North Vine Street was shattered between 10 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. Feb. 15. Nothing was reported missing from the vehicle.
Identity theft, fraud reported
• Someone opened a bank account using the information of a resident of the 300 block of South Garfield Avenue. The incident was reported Feb. 16.
• A resident of the 5500 block of South County Line Road reported that someone claiming to be from PayPal instructed him to wire transfer money for a subscription renewal on Feb. 16.
• A resident of the 500 block of South Garfield purchased $400 in gift cards Feb. 16 and sent the information to a suspect who had hacked into her friend’s email account and requested gift cards.
Wallet stolen from shopper
A woman’s wallet containing her cell phone, drivers license and credit cards was stolen while she was shopping at Whole Foods, 500 E. Ogden Ave., at 1 p.m. Feb. 19. She found her wallet and cell phone on the ramp from Ogden Avenue to Interstate 294. Her credit cards were used to make $444.89 in purchases at a Melrose Park store.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.