Last updated 1/26/2022 at 4:25pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police released the following reports Jan. 25.
• Faisal Habeeb Malik, 43, 105 E. 60th St., Westmont, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of open alcohol by a driver, driving without a valid license (never issued) and operating an uninsured vehicle at 5:51 p.m. Jan. 20 in the 10 block of East Walnut Street. Police were dispatched for a suspicious vehicle and found the suspect asleep in the drivers seat with open cans of beer inside the vehicle. Malik also had an active arrest warrant out of Lake County, Ind. He was charge and taken to Lake County Jail for warrant service.
• Joseph Joyce, 30, 30 Equestrian Way, Lemont, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, possession of open alcohol by a driver, improper lane use and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 1:02 a.m. Jan. 21 at 55th Street and Route 83. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Dannie M. Brownlee, 53, 3012 Downing Ave., Westchester, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, illegal stopping/standing/parking where prohibited, failing to signal when changing lanes, improper lane use, driving without a registration light and speeding at 12:49 a.m. Jan. 22 at Ogden Avenue and Wolf Road. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Drug paraphernalia arrest
Edwin Solis, 33, 6648 S. Spaulding Ave., Chicago, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:58 a.m. Jan. 19 at 55th Street and Garfield Avenue after police were called about a pedestrian who appeared to be under the influence. The metal pipe in his possession field tested positive for the presence of cocaine and heroine. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Mauricio Dominguez-Flores, 21, 52 W. 66th St., Westmont, was arrested for driving without a valid license (never issued) and disobeying a stop sign at 9:35 a.m. Jan. 23 in the 700 block of South Madison Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Jewelry, purse, cash stolen
• Jewelry was taken from a jewelry box in the bedroom closet of a home in the 100 block of Ravine Road between Dec. 16 and 20. Multiple contractors were in the home during the time of the theft, which was reported Jan. 21.
• A woman reported her purse was stolen Jan. 18 while she was a patient at Amita Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, 120 N. Oak St. The purse was valued at $90 and contained $21, eye glasses, a drivers license and credit card. No unauthorized charges had been made on her card before the theft was reported Jan. 21.
• Someone took a wallet and $10 from unlocked vehicles parked in the driveway of a home in the 700 block of Wilson Lane between 7 p.m. Jan. 20 and 6 p.m. Jan. 21.
Property damage reported
The rear drivers side window of a car was broken while it was in a lot in the 300 block of West 59th Street between 4:30 and 5:40 p.m. Jan. 19 Nothing was missing from the vehicle and the owner did not believe anyone had entered it.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.