The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Faulty chimney cap fills home with smoke

 

Last updated 11/18/2021 at 2:33am | View PDF

Jim Slonoff

Hinsdale firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call of a house fire on the 300 block of East Walnut Street Friday afternoon. Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in the fireplace and smoke filling the house. The fire did not spread beyond the fireplace. Deputy Chief Jon Carlson determined the weather cap at the top of the chimney was not in place, which caused the smoke to fill the home. After repositioning the cap, the house was ventilated. (Jim Slonoff photos)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021