Once upon a time
Last updated 11/10/2021 at 2:33pm | View PDF
Early churches - Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale," highlights the early churches built in Hinsdale. "Formally organized in 1875, the Episcopal congregation gathered at the public school and other available churches until its own building was finished in 1886. William Robbins donated the lot, located where the church still stands at First and Blaine streets. This 1890 photograph shows the building with a wooden front, not completed in stone until 1914."