Last updated 9/8/2021 at 2:42pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police released the following reports Sept. 7.
• Dominic S. O’Neill, 51, 26 E. Sixth St., Hinsdale, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a revoked license, having a defective windshield, operating an uninsured vehicle and failing to yield when turning left at 8:37 p.m. Aug. 31 at Fifth Street and Garfield Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Felicia E. Flores, 34, 3057 S. Harlem Ave., Berwyn, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, driving without a valid license, speeding and operating an uninsured vehicle at 2:48 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 10 block of East Ogden Avenue. Police found an open bottle of wine in her vehicle. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Controlled substances suspected
• A driver stopped for speeding was in possession of a suspected controlled substance in pill form and a green leafy substance that field tested positive for cannabis at 1:34 a.m. Aug. 29 at 55th Street and Route 83. The suspect was released, with charges pending lab results.
• A driver stopped for expired registration was found in possession of baggies containing a white powdery substance, a suspected controlled substance in pill form and a green leafy substance at 11:27 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 500 block of West Eighth Street. The suspect was released, with charges pending lab results.
Hit and run reported
Someone struck a parkway tree and fled the scene between 5:20 and 6:30 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 5500 block of South Park Avenue. Police observed the tree had been knocked over and found pieces of a dark gray vehicle at the scene.
Burglary at IBLP
Police were dispatched to a report of a broken window to a shared office area at the Institute of Basic Life Principles, 707 W. Ogden Ave., between 3 and 4:50 p.m. Sept. 4. Nothing was reported missing.
Identity thefts reported
• Someone purchased a cell phone and opened an account using the information of a resident of the 200 block of East Sixth Street on Aug. 5. The incident was reported Aug. 31.
• A resident of the 800 block of South Clay Street reported a $901.21 fraudulent charge on her credit card at 1:53 p.m. Sept. 2. The credit card company contacted the victim and declined the transaction, so no dollar loss occurred.
BBs shot at house
A resident reported Sept. 4 that a BB was lodged between the panes of glass of her home in the 900 block of South Grant Street. She was not sure when the damage was done.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.