The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Once upon a time

 

Last updated 8/25/2021 at 2:08pm | View PDF

Octogenarian on Eighth - The Community House is celebrating the 80th anniversary of its founding this year. The original facility was on the corner of Garfield Avenue and First Street in the central business district. This photo shows the dedication of the building at Eighth and Madison streets in 1955. The new facility opened in 1956 and continues to provide programs and services to the community. (photo courtesy of The Community House)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021