The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Once upon a time

 

Last updated 7/14/2021 at 2:34pm | View PDF

Early worship - Sandy Williams writes in "Images of America - Hinsdale" about the first Zion Lutheran Church, which stood on the northeast corner of Vine and Second streets and was built in 1888. "Two years later, Zion's school was established with classes held in the sanctuary and the pastor serving as the instructor. In 1915, a new church, still standing, was constructed, and this building was used as the school until 1931."

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021