The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Once upon a time

 

Last updated 6/30/2021 at 1:38pm | View PDF

Early worship - German Lutherans split from their Fullersburg congregation, wanting a church closer to their Hinsdale neighborhood. "In 1900, skilled congregants volunteered their labor and expertise to build this church at the corner of Third and Grant streets," Sandy Williams writes in "Images of America - Hinsdale." "The congregation vacated the building in 1964. Saved from demolition, renovated and reopened to the public, the building, renamed Immanuel Hall, is owned and operated by the Hinsdale Historical Society." For more on the exhibit running there through July 3, turn to Page 17.

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 07/24/2021 09:02