The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Once upon a time

 

Last updated 6/16/2021 at 2:54pm | View PDF

Early dining - From Sandy Williams book, "Images of America - Hinsdale," is this photo of the Old Spinning Wheel restaurant located on Ogden just west of the tollway. "The original Old Spinning Wheel restaurant was built in 1935 by Charles and Vacia Duncan. Expanding seven years later, this building replaced the original structure. The enormously popular restaurant was filled with antiques, surrounded by attractive gardens, and offered an elegant yet home-style menu. The Duncans sold the business in 1954; the restaurant closed in the mid-1970s."

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 07/24/2021 20:15