Last updated 1/20/2021 at 3:48pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Jan. 20.
Arrest for striking security guard
Anthony J. Loss, 28, 65 E. Harris Ave. GB, La Grange, was arrested on two misdemeanor counts of battery after punching a security officer who was performing official duties at midnight Jan. 11 at Amita Hinsdale Hospital, 120 N. Oak St. The suspect was attempting to punch a family member but instead struck the security officer, who stepped between them. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Drivers cited for license violations
• Jonathan Silva, 19, 2415 S. Albany Ave., 1R, Chicago, was arrested for driving without a valid license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving without a registration light at 9:55 p.m. Jan. 18 at 55th and Oak streets.
• Joey Michael Hill, 21, 745 Eighth Ave., La Grange, was arrested for driving with a suspended license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving without a registration light at 7:40 p.m. Jan. 13 at Route 83 and Ogden Avenue.
• Kellen J. Dziewinski, 23, 319 E. Wilson Ave., Lombard, was arrested for driving with a suspended license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 10:17 p.m. Jan. 16 in the 300 block of West Ogden Avenue.
All were charged and released to appear in court.
Pedestrian suffers dog bite
A victim was chased and bitten by a dog at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 17 while walking on the sidewalk in the 400 block of South Madison Street. The dog owner was cited and an animal bite report was forwarded to DuPage County Animal Care and Control.
Criminal trespass reported
Two men in their 40s or 50s and dressed in casual clothing entered a residence in the 10 block of East Fourth Street without permission and took pictures of the house at 10:35 a.m. Jan. 13. The victim suspects they were sent by the landlord.
Items reported missing
• Equipment valued at $5,000 and vials of Botox valued at $606 were reported missing from Aesthetic Medicine Center, 534 Chestnut St., Suite 110, on Jan. 14.
• A package containing $125 sunglasses was taken from a porch in the 10 block of South Bruner Street on Jan. 4. The incident was reported Jan. 11.
Identity theft incidents
• The identity of a resident of the 5700 block of Astony Court was used to apply for a loan Dec. 22. The application was denied. The incident was reported Jan. 12.
• The identity of a resident of the 700 block South Bruner Street was used to open a bank account between Dec. 21 and Jan. 12.
• The identity of a resident of the 500 block of Phillippa Street was used to attempt to open four credit card accounts Jan. 10. The attempts were unsuccessful.
Deceptive practice reported
A resident of the 200 block of Mills Street reported Jan. 16 that she received four checks totaling $4,289.66 for home care services between July 23 and Oct. 15 that did not clear her account.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime. Individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, contact us at [email protected] to provide documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.