Once upon a time
Last updated 12/22/2020 at 3pm | View PDF
All aboard! - In Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale," she mentions the train station in town used to be on the north side of the tracks. "Hinsdale's first railroad station was built in 1864 on the north side of the tracks between Washington and Lincoln streets. The station was used for town meetings, social events and church services until other venues were built. The current depot on Hinsdale Avenue replaced this station in 1899."