Last updated 12/22/2020 at 3:02pm | View PDF
Hinsdale High School District 86 Board
Among other business Dec. 17, board members:
• approved the 2020 tax levy in the amount of $87.8 million for the district’s capped funds. This amount does not include debt service levies on existing bonds totaling about $12.1 million.
• listened to administrators update the district’s return to school plan, including the expectation that students be on-screen when they are learning from home unless given special dispensation and announcing the formation of a task force to help plan and implement a diagnostic and surveillance saliva testing system. Hinsdale Central Principal Bill Walsh also urged community members to volunteer to help with in-person lunch service.
• were presented with changes to the 2020-21 school calendar, including making Jan. 7 the first day of second semester classes. Jan. 4 and 5 will used as remote learning planning days, and Jan. 6 is now an institute day. The school year will end May 21 to accommodate construction as part of the Future Ready Facilities plan.
• awarded bids related to the Future Ready Facilities work at both campuses, including demolition services for $1.1 million, tile for $521,000, resilient and carpet flooring for $926,000, elevators for $304,500, fencing for $352,960 and landscaping for $357,470
• approved the allocation of $15.2 million in bond premium funds to pay for upgrades to 171 district classrooms and the purchase of 183 unit ventilators. The funds are the result of favorable bond sale market conditions to finance the Future Ready Facilities work.
• approved a contract with Southern Bleacher Co. Inc. for $1.2 million to complete work on the grandstand bleachers at Hinsdale Central and various Americans with Disabilities Act improvements at Hinsdale South in conjunction with the Future Ready Facilities plan
• approved multi-year contracts for school and district administrators, with annual salaries for the 2021-22 year to be determined by July 1. Hinsdale Central Principal Bill Walsh, whose current salary is $172,003, was given a three-year contract through June of 2024. Hinsdale South principal Arwen Pokorny Lyp also received a three-year deal; her current salary is $168,355.