Last updated 12/9/2020 at 3:46pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Dec. 9.
Arrest for spitting at police, DUI
John P. Kaminski, 28, 645 Independence Ave, Westmont, was arrested for aggravated battery to police officers, driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions and operating an uninsured vehicle at 9:32 p.m. Dec. 6 at Adams and Sixth streets. Police were dispatched to a vehicle that crashed into a tree. The suspect, who did not report any injuries from the crash and was observed to be under the influence of alcohol, resisted arrest and spat in police officers’ faces. He was charged and taken to DuPage County Jail.
• Dennis H. Craven, 52, 1217 Degener Ave., Elmhurst, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding at 2:34 a.m. Dec. 1 at York and Fuller roads. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Mashanda M. Davenport, 41, 16604 S. Park Ave., South Holland, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, speeding, transportation of open alcohol by driver and not driving on right side of a two-lane road at 2:05 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 400 block of West Ogden Avenue. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrest for leaving scene of injury
Alexandra A. Bednar, 47, 4533 Raymond Ave., Brookfield, was arrested for failure to give information after a personal injury accident after a report of a pedestrian struck by a vehicle at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 4 in the Amita Hinsdale Hospital east garage, 135 N. Oak St. The driver left the scene in the vehicle and was later located. She was cited to appear in court.
Arrests for license violation
• Zanaida J. James, 33, 1448 Maple Ave., Berwyn, was arrested for driving with a revoked license at 1:49 a.m. Dec. 6 in the 400 block of East Ogden Avenue. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Dyiesha S. Watson, 19, 5622 S. Seely Ave., Chicago, was arrested for driving without a valid license, speeding and operating an uninsured vehicle at 3:08 a.m. Nov. 29 in the 200 block of West Ogden Avenue. She was cited and released to appear in court.
• Brendan M. Whalen, 33, 4001 Clausen Ave., Western Springs, was arrested for driving with a revoked license, obstructing identification and operating an uninsured vehicle at 10:26 a.m. Dec. 5 at 55th and Elm streets. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Yard’s light post damaged
A light post in the front yard of a home in the 300 block of East Fourth Street was damaged between 1 and 6 a.m. Dec. 6.
Flag stolen, pole damaged
A political flag was stolen and the flag pole damaged between Nov. 27 and Dec. 4 at a home in the 10 block of North Vine Street.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.