Once upon a time
Last updated 11/4/2020 at 3:32pm | View PDF
Teeing it up - According to Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale," golf was first played in Hinsdale in the 1890s on a six-hold course located along Ayres Avenue near Lincoln Street. In 1898 the Hinsdale Golf Club was founded, located just east of its present Chicago Avenue site. The photo here is of the clubhouse in 1923.