The Hinsdalean - Community journalism the way it was meant to be

Once upon a time

 

Last updated 9/9/2020 at 3:30pm | View PDF

What's old is new again - In 1895 Henry Buchholz built the building at 13-15 W. First St., which became home to several grocery stores, retail shops and even a couple of fast food restaurants. When this photo was taken it was home to McDonald Brothers Meat Market. In 1927 Steben's Grocery remodeled the building and operated at that location until 1968. Today it's home to Sweet Ali's Gluten Free Bakery. The photo is from Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale."





 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 09/23/2020 08:45