Transformer fails creating power outage and small fire


Last updated 8/19/2020 at 8:48pm | View PDF

Jim Slonoff

Just when power was returning to many homes in town following the Aug. 10 "derecho," a transformer failed in the 900 block of South Madison Street on Aug. 11 creating an outage for homes on several nearby streets. Firefighters were called to the scene as an arcing power line created a small fire. Hinsdale firefighter/paramedic Mike Lorusso soaks down a fence that had caught fire.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 06/22/2022 16:28