Last updated 7/29/2020 at 4:42pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police released the following reports July 21 and 28.
Felony battery arrest
Mohammed N. Mohammad, 27, 5363 Edison Ave., Oak Lawn, was arrested for aggravated battery, a Class 2 felony, at 1:20 a.m. July 23 at Amita Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, 120 N. Oak St., for spitting in a hospital security officer’s face. He was charged and taken to DuPage County Jail after he was released from the hospital.
Domestic battery arrest
A 32-year-old Hinsdale man was arrested for domestic battery July 26 for making contact of an insulting or provoking nature with a family member. He was charged and taken to DuPage County Jail.
Thefts, attempted theft
• Two men and two women stole several Prada and Chanel handbags worth $30,000 to $40,000 from Kelsey Resale Shop, 49 S. Washington St., at 2:06 p.m. July 27. The suspects entered the store, grabbed the bags and ran out, with one struggling with an employee as she was exiting the store. The suspects are described as two Black males and two Black females, all with a skinny build.
• A man was observed on surveillance video removing a package from the front porch of a home in the 700 block of South Garfield Avenue at 10:48 a.m. July 24. The suspect was described as a white or Hispanic male wearing a black baseball cap, black shirt, dark colored baggy pants and gray gym shoes carrying a black backpack. At the time of report, the victim was unsure of the contents of the stolen package.
• A $350 glass pitcher and $300 bottle of cologne were reported missing after a July 23 estate sale from a home in the 600 block of South County Line Road. The thefts were reported July 27.
• Suspects tried to steal a $580 leaf blower from a work truck/trailer at Sixth and Elm streets at 12:27 p.m. July 22. The victim interrupted the theft and the suspects fled in a black SUV. They are described as two Black males, one wearing a red sweater.
• Suspects were observed on surveillance video entered an unlocked car parked in a driveway in the 600 block of South Monroe Street at 4:03 a.m. July 21. The garage door opener was taken from the vehicle and found in the parkway by a neighbor.
• Someone rummaged through two unlocked vehicles parked in the driveway in the 200 block of North Bruner Street between 10:30 p.m. July 21 and 6 a.m. July 22. A garage door opener was taken from one of the vehicles.
Hit and run incidents
• A vehicle was struck between 1 and 5 p.m. July 14 while it was parked in the lot at 550 W. Ogden Ave.
• A vehicle while was struck between 10:45 a.m. and 12:25 p.m. July 17 while it was parked in the lot at 105 E. First St.
Home door frame vandalized
The door frame of a house in the 300 block of Ravine Road was damaged between 10:30 p.m. July 14 and 8 a.m. July 15.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.