Last updated 5/20/2020 at 4:17pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports May 19.
Disorderly conduct arrest
Stephen K. Myslicki, 57, 8009 Lake St., River Forest, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct for peeping through a kitchen window at 9:38 p.m. May 1 in the 300 block of The Lane. River Forest police assisted in identifying the suspect from photos obtained from the victims’ surveillance video. Myslicki was taken into custody at his residence in River Forest before being charged and released to appear in court.
• Matthew J. Orton, 32, 5109 Washington St., Downers Grove, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content of .08 or higher, speeding and driving too fast for conditions after crashing into an electrical pole in the 500 block of East Ogden Avenue at 12:38 a.m. May 17. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Natalia M. Melo, 29, 61 Riedy Road, Lisle, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, improper lane use, transportation of open alcohol by a driver and failure to signal when required at 10:19 p.m. May 18 at Ogden Avenue and Vine Street. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Edgar G. Figueroa, 29, 4750 S. LaPorte Ave., Chicago, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a suspended license and operating an uninsured vehicle at 11:46 p.m. May 17 after police found him asleep in his car in a lot at 218 W. Ogden Ave. The building is not occupied. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Jose L. Ramirez, 38, 6634 26th St. No. 2, Berwyn, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content of .08 or higher, speeding and improper lane use at 3:15 a.m. May 14 in the 400 block of West Ogden Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Driver arrested for suspended license
James Dyer, 24, 639 Blaine St., Detroit, Mich., was arrested for driving with a suspended license and without valid registration and insurance at 4 p.m. May 16 at Adams Street and Ogden Avenue after police observed the car had no license plate.
Cigarettes taken from truck
Someone stole 60 cartons of cigarettes from a company truck while it was making a delivery to the Shell Gas Station, 210 E. Ogden Ave., at 8:50 a.m. May 12. There was no forced entry to the truck, and the driver reported the door might have been slightly open. The suspect is described as a male Hispanic, about 5 feet 7 inches tall wearing a hat with a black facemask, sweatpants and white gym shoes. He was observed entering a vehicle and heading northbound on York Road.
Fraud incidents reported
• A resident of the 21 Spinning Wheel Road apartment complex purchased a $500 gift card and sent someone the card numbers as instructed after calling a number she saw online that she believed to be Microsoft customer service. The victim realized the fraudulent activity after more gift cards were requested.
• A resident of the 200 block of Racquet Club Court received an email from someone claiming to be their boss with instructions to purchase five $100 gift cards at 10:01 a.m. May 14. The victim sent the codes from the cards before realizing the scam.
Package stolen from vestibule
A package containing a gift from a family member delivered to the vestibule at 21 Spinning Wheel Road was taken between 11:55 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. May 10. The theft was reported May 13.