Hinsdale police take part in road safety campaign
Last updated 12/11/2019 at 4:11pm | View PDF
To help spread the message about the dangers of impaired driving this holiday season, the Hinsdale Police Department is partnering with the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois State Police and almost 200 police and sheriff’s departments across the state in the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over enforcement campaign Dec. 16-Jan. 2.
With an aim to drastically reduce impaired driving, the campaign will feature an increased number of state and national messages about the dangers of impaired driving and more officers enforcing live-saving seat belt, speeding and distracted driving laws. Law enforcement officials offer the following guidelines to “Party with a Plan.”
• Those planning to drink should arrange for a sober driver to get a ride home — and designated drivers should take their role seriously.
• Do not drive impaired by drugs or alcohol, even after only one alcoholic beverage.
• Use public transportation, call a ride service or opt to spend the night.
• Call 911 if an impaired driver is observed.
• Take the keys away from friends and loved ones who are impaired to drive.