Village's free fall leaf pick up starts Monday
Last updated 10/16/2019 at 3:23pm | View PDF
The village’s fall leaf pick-up program begins next week and will continue through the end of November.
The program is designed to keep streets cleaner and safer and to help keep leaves out of sewers and storm drains. Leaves cannot be raked into the street for removal.
Residents should be aware of the following:
• The free, unlimited, weekly curbside collection begins Monday, Oct. 21.
• Leaves must be placed in kraft paper yard waste bags. Plastic bags will not be picked up.
• Bagged leaves should be placed in the parkway in front of the home, along the curb. Do not place in the street.
• Leaf pick-up is complimentary; all other yard waste requires a yard waste sticker.
• Bags may not exceed 34 gallons or 60 pounds.
• Bags should be placed at the curb by 6 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up date.
• Pick-up will be at the time of regularly-scheduled weekly yard waste pick-up. Leaves will be picked up by the village refuse hauler, Republic Services.
• In some cases, due to volume, collection may run behind (i.e., Monday collection being completed on Tuesday); however, every household will receive one collection each week.
• Residents also may choose to keep their leaves on their property to be composted for use as mulch. The village forester highly recommends the use of compost for keeping plants and trees healthy.
Homeowners or landscape contractors who place leaves in the street will be subject to a fine of $75 for the first offense, increasing for subsequent offenses.
Questions? Call Republic Services customer service line at (708) 345-7050.