Fiascone finds festive gifts in Hinsdale
Birthstone ring, pajama set, earrings will add sparkle to holidays for family members
Last updated 11/30/2022 at 5:12pm | View PDF
Before Anna Fiascone was a real estate agent, she was a real estate attorney. The knowledge she gained in law school and four years in practice serves her well as a member of the Hinsdale Plan Commission.
"It kind of keeps that part of my brain working," said Fiascone, who has lived here since 2008.
Christmas for the Fiascones will involve attending one of the live nativity services at Hinsdale Covenant Church followed by dinner at the Hinsdale Golf Club on Christmas Eve and a stop to see husband Nick's family. After opening presents Christmas Day, Anna, Nick and their three daughters will fly to the area known as "30A" in the Florida panhandle, where they'll meet up with Anna's family to continue the celebration.
She found a host of gift ideas on her shopping trip through town for this, the second in our four-part annual gift guide series featuring appointed and elected officials in town.
• Anna's mom, Kay Jones, will be stunned by a 18 karat gold and platinum ring featuring her birthstone, an emerald. One designed by CJ Grad is 1.8 carats, with two side diamonds (.64 CT total weight). "She deserves it," Fiascone said. Caffray Jewelers, $13,325
• her clients at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Chicago will enjoy the elegant beauty of an orchid this holiday season. Hinsdale Flower Shop, $89.95
• an M&M cookie cake will be a tasty option for gluten-free moms at a holiday playdate for her daughters' Oak School classmates. The fully baked cake is always available in the freezer case and, if the timing is right, freshly baked. Sweet Ali's Gluten Free Bakery, $14.99
• Business partner Natalie Ryan will enjoy walking her dog, Tank, a bouvier des Flandres, with a leash and collar in classic red and green holiday plaid. "She is truly the biggest dog person I know," Fiascone said. "People talk about her dog more than they talk about her." The Velvet Touch, $20 each
• a Karen Adams boxed calendar set with an easel is the ideal gift for her girls' teachers - "especially because you don't have to wrap it." Next year, she can purchase a refill for only $38. Sass N Class, $68
• Hinsdale real estate attorney Paul Garver will know he's appreciated when he receives a beautiful basket of fruits and tasty treats. The Fruit Store, $100
• Her husband, Nick, will enjoy pouring drinks for guests from this Galway Irish crystal decanter. The Longford Square set comes with four matching glasses and a wood tray. Char Crews, $450
• Smoked salmon spread, a pound of shrimp and a dozen Chebooktook New Brunswick oysters will make a delicious spread of holiday appetizers. Burhop's, $10.95-$27.95
• The perfect stocking stuffer for dad David? Socks! These festive ones feature Santa hats, trees, reindeer, Christmas lights and nutcrackers. J McLaughlin, $24 a pair
• For daughter Olivia, 12, Fiascone chose Beach Riot's green and red striped PJs with a hint of sparkle. Alixandra Blue, top $128, shorts, $98
• sister Jenny in Dallas is a fan of Lafco candles, so a forest oakmoss diffuser in a handblown glass vessel with hand-cut reeds will be a great addition to her collection. Blue Mercury, $275
• With one stop left and two daughters left to buy for, Fiascone found snowflake earrings for Savannah, 6, who just got her ears pierced; and a 1,000-piece Nutcracker puzzle for Alixandra, 9, who just performed in Hinsdale Dance Academy's ballet this past weekend. SO, $39 for earrings, $34 for puzzle