Once upon a time
Last updated 7/20/2022 at 3:57pm | View PDF
This old gas station - This photo in Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale," is of the space that up until recently was home to Dips and Dogs. "This 1930 station was built on the northwest corner of Garfield Avenue and First Street. Designed by Hinsdale architect R. Harold Zook, the station was built in the Georgian style encouraged at the time by the village plan commission. The station has recently been reinvented as a popular snack shop." Today much of the space is used for outdoor dining for Fuller House.