Last updated 6/2/2021 at 3:23pm | View PDF
Hinsdale High School District 86
Among other business May 26, board members:
• held a public hearing on and unanimously approved an amended budget for fiscal year 2020-21. The amended budget includes property tax and corporate replacement tax revenue increases to reflect actual amounts, tranfers from the operations fund to the capital projects fund to pay for summer construction and filling in the pool at Central and salary adjustments required by new contracts approved with two district unions, among other items.
• listened as five Hinsdale South students registered complaints about scheduling conflicts they face for the 2021-22 school year.
• approved a schedule of regular board and committee meetings for 2021-22. The board will meet on the second and fourth Thursdays of most months.
• appointed members to the Parent Teacher Advisory Committee for 2022. The committee includes three board members (Cynthia Hanson, Peggy James and Kathleen Hirsman) along with 12 students, 13 staff members and 12 parents. The district received 100 applications from individuals interesting in joining the committee.
• approved the hiring of 20 summer school teachers