Last updated 3/3/2021 at 1:53pm | View PDF
CENTRAL HOLDS SIGNING DAY
The Hinsdale Central Athletic Department recognized nine student-athletes Feb. 3 in conjunction with the National Letter of Intent Signing Day.
• Michael Brescia, Colgate University, football
• Jack Costello, Washington University in St. Louis, football
• Nyme Hussain, University of Rochester, football
• Nolan Lahmann, Emory University, swimming
• J.P. McClear, Rollins College, rowing
• Brandon Minor, St. Ambrose University, football
• Ryan Orput, Miami of Ohio, football
• Erkan Ozgen, Ball State University, swimming
• Charlie Sessa, Columbia University, football
Bunting, Ives sign NFL deals
Hinsdale’s Ian Bunting and Thomas Ives last month signed National Football League reserve/future contracts with the Arizona Cardinals and Chicago Bears, respectively.
Bunting, a tight end and 2014 graduate of Hinsdale Central, has spent time with the Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets and Chicago Bears during his pro career.
Ives, a receiver and 2015 Central graduate, has spent his entire NFL tenure with the Bears. Future contracts go into effect the first day of new league year, scheduled for March 17.
DOLEHIDE NETS DOUBLES TITLE
Hinsdale’s Caroline Dolehide teamed up with Usue Arconada to win the doubles title at the $25,000 USTA women’s Pro Circuit event in Boca Raton, Fla., on Saturday. The top-seeded duo — whose partnership led to a gold medal at Pan Am Games in 2019 — defeated the unseeded team of Maria Osorio Serrano of Columbia and Conny Perrin of Switzerland 6-3, 6-4 to capture the championship. Dolehide, 22, is currently ranked 42nd in the world in doubles and 154th in singles.
DANCERS AWARDED AT COMPETITION
Grace Koznarek of Hinsdale, a dancer with Hinsdale Dance Academy, received the Grand Prix award at the Youth America Grand Prix Feb. 13-14 at Dominican University in River Forest.
Koznarek has accepted a position with the Finnish National Ballet and will leave for Helsinki this summer.
Emory Pierce, also of Hinsdale, placed in the top 12 in the senior classical ballet division.
The Youth America Grand Prix is an international ballet competition considered to be the gold standard of excellence in the dance community.
FORMER Red Devils EXCEL IN COLLEGE
• Hinsdale’s Mac McClear helped the University of Iowa men’s golf team place fifth in the Kiawah Invitational Feb. 15-16 in Charleston, S.C. McClear, a sophomore, shot a 3-under par over three rounds, tied for second-best on the team and good for 23rd overall in the 14-team event.
• University of Missouri’s McKenna Revord set a personal record en route to a 20th-place finish in the 3,000-meter run at the Music City Challenge indoor track meet Feb. 12-13 in Nashville, Tenn. The Hinsdale native and freshman track team member clocked in at 9:52.19, the second-best time on the team.