Register to vote in April 6 election
Last updated 2/17/2021 at 4:38pm | View PDF
Voter registration is under way for the Tuesday, April 6, municipal election.
In order to register, individuals must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old on or before April 6, have lived in their election precinct at least 30 days before April 6, not be serving a sentence for a conviction and unable to claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Register by March 9 online, by mail or in person.
To apply electronically on the Illinois State Board of Elections website, individuals must provide
• an Illinois drivers license number or Illinois Secretary of State-issued state ID number
• the date the license or ID was issued
• the last four digits of their Social Security number
• their birth date
Registration also can be done in person at the following locations
• Hinsdale Village Hall, 19 E. Chicago Ave., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays
DuPage County residents can register at
• Downers Grove Township office, 4340 Prince St., Downers Grove, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays
• DuPage County Election Division, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays
Bring two forms of identification, one of which must list a current name and address. A photo ID is not required for registration.
To vote by mail, DuPage residents can download a PDF registration form at https://www.dupageco.org/Election/Voting/37059/ or call (630) 407-5600 and request to have one sent in the mail. Registration forms must be mailed or delivered no later than 28 days before the election.
Cook County residents can register by mail or in person until March 9 and online until March 21.
Visit https://www.cookcountyclerkil.gov/agency/register-vote for more information.