Last updated 1/27/2021 at 10:55am | View PDF
STUDENTS OF THE QUARTER NAMED
Hinsdale Central recently recognized 12 individuals who were named Student of the Quarter by the school’s various departments based on their accomplishments in the classroom as well as their leadership, kindness and skill as role models.
• Stephanie Cochlan, art
• William Gaffney, business
• Sarah Brosius, English
• Mariella Andrews, FACS
• Ryan Thomas, math
• Amer Goel, music
• Nicholas Bergner, physical education
• Julia Cashman, science
• Sydney Pjesky, social studies
• Jacob Chisholm, technology Education
• Mohammed Bilaluddin, world languages
• Katrina Geiersbach, school service leader
HINSDALE MAN NAMED TOP ADVISOR
Kyle Chudom of Hinsdale, a financial advisor in Morgan Stanley’s Oak Brook wealth management office, was named to Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s top wealth advisors.
“I am pleased that Kyle Chudom is representing Morgan Stanley,” said VR Raman, complex manager of Morgan Stanley’s Oak Brook office. “To be named to this list recognizes Kyle’s professionalism and dedication to the needs of his valued clients.”
Forbes’ Top Wealth Advisors list comprises a select group of individuals who have a minimum of seven years of industry experience. The ranking, developed by Forbes’ partner SHOOK Research, is based on an algorithm of qualitative and quantitative data, rating thousands of wealth advisors and weighing factors like revenue trends, AUM, compliance records, industry experience and best practices learned through telephone and in-person interviews.
FIRM DONATES TO FOOD PANTRY
The Hinsdale office of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Chicago and the firm’s philanthropic arm, the Kindness Foundation, announced that they donated $2,000 to the Westchester Food Pantry, a nonprofit organization that serves as a resource throughout the year for those who are hungry and food insecure in December. The money was part of a $40,000 donation pool to be distributed to local food pantries in place of the company’s annual holiday party.
“The Westchester Food Pantry does such important work providing food to those who are truly in need right here in our local communities, said Terri Doney, vice president and managing broker of the firm’s Hinsdale and Downers Grove. “Especially during this time, when need is so great due to the pandemic, I am so happy to be able to make this donation of $2,000 to support their exceptional work.”
The Hinsdale office is one of the company’s 19 participating offices in the Chicago area, Indiana and Michigan. Each office chose a 501(c)(3) organization from their local community to support.
CMF NAMES NEW CHANGEMAKERS
Community Memorial Foundation in Hinsdale has announced members of its third annual Young Community Changemakers program.
YC2 is a leadership development program designed to educate and empower local youth to become the next generation of philanthropists. Students were selected from among 96 applicants from Hinsdale Central, Nazareth Academy, Lyons Township and Riverside-Brookfield high schools.
Hinsdale Central students named to the group are Emily Ascher, Zack Azmy, Emily Cavero, Sofia Cooper, Quinn Drescher, Aishvarya Godla, Amar Gupta, Elle Gurland, Jack Kapcar, Shriya Mehta, Amaan Musabji, Suzan Nofal, Calista Otterberg,
Hari Rao, John Rivera, Madison Rose, Andrew Russell, Serene Safvi and Dawson Steere.
Nazareth Academy student members are Adam Fuechtman, L.E. Healy and Grace Mouw.
STUDENTS NAMED TO DEAN’S LISTS
Several Hinsdale college students have earned a place on the dean’s list or equivalent for the fall 2020 semester at their respective colleges and universities.
• Bahar Abtahi, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Jad Alamuddin, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Mary Arbor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Olivia Berley, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Caroline Booras, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Katie Bourjaily, Boston University
• Kayla Cameron, Iowa State University
• Gabi Conidi, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Emma Dillard, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Lily Fuchs, DePauw University
• Jack Gerami, University of Kentucky
• Taylor Glenn, Bradley University
• Jack Henige, University of Notre Dame
• Daniel Hepding, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Regan Hultquist, University of Notre Dame
• Cole Koffron, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Annie Krillenberger*, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Caiden Liljestrand, University of Kentucky
• Charlie Lyne, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Evan Massouras, Iowa State University
• Julia Motzel, University of Kentucky
• Mitchell Mulvihill, DePauw University
• Connor Phillips, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Ansley Pierce, Northern Illinois University
• Bennet Plucienik-Kapoun*, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Sarah Running, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Michael Ryan, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Ben Simon, University of Utah
• Kristiana Strtak, University of Vermont
• Paige Thrana, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Amanda Witzel, Bradley University
* dean’s honor list