Register now to vote in election on April 6
Last updated 2/23/2021 at 11:36am | View PDF
Voter registration is under way for the Tuesday, April 6, municipal election.
In order to register to vote, individuals must
• be a U.S. citizen
• be at least 18 years old on or before April 6
• have lived in their election precinct at least 30 days before April 6
• not be serving a sentence
• be unable to claim the right to vote anywhere else
People must register by March 9 and may do so online, by mail or in person. Illinois also allows for “Grace Period” registration and voting, beginning March 10 and continuing until April 5 this year.
To apply electronically on the Illinois State Board of Elections website, individuals must provid their Illinois drivers license number or Illinois Secretary of State-issued state ID number, the date the license or ID was issued, the last four digits of their Social Security number and their birth date
Registration also can be done in person at the following locations
• Hinsdale Village Hall, 19 E. Chicago Ave., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays
• Downers Grove Township office, 4340 Prince St., Downers Grove, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays*
• DuPage County Election Division, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays starting Feb. 13*
Bring two forms of identification, one with a current name and address. A photo ID is not required for registration.
To vote by mail, DuPage residents can download a PDF registration form from the Election Commission’s website at https://www.dupageco.org/Election/Voting/37059/ or call (630) 407-5600 and request to have one sent in the mail
Cook County residents can register by mail or in person until March 9 and online until March 21. Visit https://www.cookcountyclerkil.gov/agency/register-vote for more information.
* DuPage residents only