Once upon a time
Last updated 1/20/2021 at 2:41pm | View PDF
Station envy - After the Highlands station was built in 1873, it didn't take long for O.J. Stough, who was developing much of the west side of Hinsdale at the time, to request to build another station in West Hinsdale. The railroad agreed and in 1874 this two story station was constructed. According to the book published by Sandy Williams, "Images of America - Hinsdale," the station master sold tickets and signaled trains when passengers were waiting. He lived above the station with his family.