Once upon a time
Last updated 9/9/2020 at 3:30pm | View PDF
What's old is new again - In 1895 Henry Buchholz built the building at 13-15 W. First St., which became home to several grocery stores, retail shops and even a couple of fast food restaurants. When this photo was taken it was home to McDonald Brothers Meat Market. In 1927 Steben's Grocery remodeled the building and operated at that location until 1968. Today it's home to Sweet Ali's Gluten Free Bakery. The photo is from Sandy Williams' book, "Images of America - Hinsdale."