Last updated 9/2/2020 at 11:17pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Sept. 1.
Arrest for identity theft
Antoine J. Stanford, 32, 1424 N. Kedvale Ave., No. 2, Chicago, was arrested Aug. 22 on a warrant for felony identity theft for attempting to use a bank account belonging to a resident of the 5800 block of Woodmere Drive to make a withdrawal from a Chicago bank on March 15, 2019. The victim was able to stop the transaction. A warrant was issued for the suspect on May 1, 2019. He was charged and taken to DuPage County Jail.
Motorist arrested for going 102 mph
Lucas J. Hill, 39, 4545 Deyo Ave., Brookfield, was arrested for aggravated speeding at 12:22 a.m. Aug. 30 in the 400 block of East Ogden Avenue for traveling at 102 miles per hour in a 35 mph zone. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrest for hit and run
Raul Perez Garcia, 50, 5514 S. Moody Ave., Chicago, was arrested for failing to give information after striking unattended property and operating an uninsured vehicle at 2:27 p.m. Aug. 31 at Route 83 and 55th Street after police responded to a report of a vehicle hitting a traffic sign. Police found the suspect’s vehicle unattended with front end damage, then located the suspect on foot north of the crash scene. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Suspects were observed on a surveillance camera at 2:11 a.m. Aug. 25 stealing the garage door opener from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway on the 300 block of East Third Street.
• A wallet containing $160, debit and credit cards, and checks was stolen between 9 p.m. Aug. 24 and 4 a.m. Aug. 25 from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway in the 200 block of East Third Street. The suspect unsuccessfully attempted to cash a check for $12,200 on Aug. 26. The incident was reported Aug. 28.
Police spot, recover stolen cars
• A vehicle stolen out of Naperville on Aug. 22 was observed by a patrol officer at Grant and Seventh streets at 2:31 a.m. Aug. 25. The vehicle fled from the officers at a high rate of speed, and the chase was terminated on northbound Route 83 due to speed. A burglary to a vehicle was later reported in the 200 block of East Third Street. Property from that burglary was found discarded in Highland Park.
• Detectives executed a search warrant at 4019 S. Indiana Ave. in the Bronzeville neighborhood of Chicago at 8 p.m. Aug. 26. Glencoe, Golf and Chicago police participated in the subsequent search of a home and property. Four stolen autos, numerous items of stolen property and one handgun were recovered. One subject was taken to the DuPage County Jail on an active warrant.
• Hinsdale detectives recovered a vehicle stolen from the Woodlands on Aug. 7 in south suburban Harvey on Aug. 29.
Identity theft reported
The identity of a resident of the 200 block of Ravine Road was used Aug. 24 to apply for an auto loan online through a Florida dealership. The victim was contacted by phone and the loan was declined.
Arrests do not constitute conviction of a crime, and individuals listed here should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. If charges are dismissed or reduced or the accused is found not guilty, he or she can contact The Hinsdalean at [email protected] to provide us with documentation. Information will be updated online and in the next issue of the paper.