Last updated 7/29/2020 at 5:06pm | View PDF
HIGH SCHOOLERS MAKE HONOR ROLL
Several Hinsdale students earned place on the honor roll at Nazareth Academy for the second semester of the 2019-20 school year. The “A” Honor Roll indicates a grade point average of 3.8-4.0 or above on a 4 point scale. The “B” Honor Roll indicates a grade point average of 3.33-3.79 on a 4 point scale.
A honor roll — Diana Anos, Sarah Battaglia, Sophia Cacciatore, Isabelle Cameron, Gracie Carstensen, Dylan Colbert, Emma Francis, Adam Fuechtman, Kathleen Gerth, Harrison Gianares, Zachary Hayes, Lorraine Healy, Katherine Hughes, Caroline Kelly, Caroline Langs, Emily Lewis, Brady Linn, Dorothy McCarthy, James Mercurio, Grace Mouw, Joelle Peterchak, Michael Rooney, Olivia Schaff, Ryan Short, Matigan Smith, Eleanor Teglia, Peter Thornton, John Wheeler, Juliette Wheeler, Xuwen Yan
B honor roll — Maya Conway, Antonina Fedyk, Jack Francis, Sofia Lewis, Kathleen McLeod, Ethan Mooshey, Lucas Smith
Many step up for Virtual Walk
More than 1,400 people walked for cancer survivors, families, friends and volunteers for Wellness House June 29 in the virtual Walk for Wellness benefit. The 2,500 donors raised $558,000, reaching 89 percent of the $625,000 goal.
Even though the event was different this year due to COVID-19, the community showed their support for Wellness House by walking together, while at a distance.
“We are so very grateful for the outpouring of support from the community,” said Lisa Kolavennu, executive director.
The event was lived streamed from the front porch of the main location, The Kay and Mike Birck Home of Hope and featured Kolavennu ,; Dan Wagner, presenting sponsor, The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies Inc .; and a participant who shared her Wellness House experience.
The top five teams that raised the most before and after the event are Team Inland, Crown Royals Team (Wellness House Program Participants), 50 Shades of Ben Gay (The Knuepfer Family), MTCares (Millennium Trust) and Nonnie’s Warriors (Deborah Hultquist and Family).
During this challenging time, cancer support is needed more than ever as people affected by cancer navigate the challenges of COVID -19 in addition to cancer. Since March 16, more than 17,000 visits have been made to Wellness House online programs. The incredible show of support from the community will enable Wellness House to provide online and future in-person cancer support at no cost.
HINSDALEANS EARN bachelor’s DEGREES
The following students from Hinsdale earned a bachelor’s degree at their respective college or university at the conclusion of the 2019-2020 school year.
• Elizabeth Cash, Drake University, marketing and management
• Boomer Chin, Miami University
• Erin Connolly, Miami University
• Kayleigh Fikejs, Miami University
• Brady Garber, Miami University
• Olivia Jeannin, Miami University
• Kyle Knight, Miami University
• Dylan Lovelace, Miami University
• Caroline Miller, Miami University
• Matthew Truong, Miami University
• Samantha Usher, Miami University
COLLEGE STUDENTS ON DEAN’S LISTS
The following students from Hinsdale earned a place on the dean’s list or honor roll for the spring 2020 term.
• Katherine Beja, University of Kansas
• Caroline Bourjaily, John Carroll University
• Olivia Campbell, Minnesota State University
• Elizabeth Cash, Drake University
• Matt Fowler, Lawrence University
• Madison Heimsoth, University of Kansas
• Paige Henige, Villanova University
• Anna Hyland, Texas Christian University (4.0)
• Kate Jacobs, University of Kansas
• Lyndsey Notaro, Illinois Wesleyan University
• Olivia Orput, Oregon State University
• Drew Shepherd, University of Kansas
• Cal Snyder, University of Oklahoma
• Toni Strausser, Furman University
• Eliana Whitehouse, Lawrence University
• Thomas Willemse, Fairfield University