Last updated 1/8/2020 at 4:33pm | View PDF
The following reports were distributed by Hinsdale police Dec. 30 and Jan. 7.
Arrest for hitting nurse
Emily J. Daniels, 21, 812 S. Garfield Ave., Hinsdale, was arrested on a felony charge for aggravated battery Dec. 24 after pushing and punching a nurse with a closed fist while she was a patient at Amita Medical Center Hinsdale, 120 N. Oak St. at 11:30 p.m. Dec. 23. She was arrested Dec. 24 and taken to DuPage County Jail.
• Ronald Malish, 56, 6015 Forest View Road No. 3A, Lisle, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08 and improper lane use at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 28 at Ogden Avenue and Adams Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Ann Marie Copp, 51, 731 S. Madison Ave., La Grange, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08 and speeding at 1:25 a.m. Dec. 29 at 55th and Madison streets. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrests for license violations
• Thomas R. Meyer, 19, 106 N. Yale Ave., Villa Park, was arrested for driving without a valid license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 8:12 a.m. Dec. 27 at Quincy and 55th streets. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Kierre Tysha Edwards, 29, 2521 Highland Place, Indianapolis, Ind., was arrested for driving with a suspended license and speeding at 10:19 p.m. Dec. 31 at Ogden Avenue and Monroe Street. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Bernard Branch, 54, 1609 S. Wolf Road, Hillside, was arrested for driving with a suspended license at 4:17 p.m. Jan. 4 at Ogden Avenue and Salt Creek Lane. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Homeowner confronts burglar
A home in the 400 block of South Quincy Street was forcibly entered through the rear door between 11:25 and 11:56 a.m. Dec. 20. The suspect, described as a skinny white male with blonde hair wearing a black jacket, left the home after being confronted by the victim. Nothing was reported missing from the home.
Vehicles stolen from driveways
• A 2013 Lexus GS350 was stolen between 6 p.m. Dec. 22 and 6:08 a.m. Dec. 23 from a driveway in the 700 block of Woodland Avenue. A purse, credit cards, cell phone, gift cards, drivers license and I-PASS were inside the vehicle. The victim subsequently received a fraud alert of an attempted use of a credit card at a gas station in Stickney.
• A 2015 Infiniti X60 was stolen between 11 p.m. Dec 20 and 11:55 p.m. Dec. 21 from a driveway in the 500 block of The Lane. Miscellaneous property inside the vehicle included an I-PASS.
• An unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway in the 100 block of West North Street was rummaged through between 10 a.m. Jan. 4 and 9:30 a.m. Jan. 5. About $40 was stolen.
• An unlocked vehicle was rummaged through between Dec. 22 and Jan. 6 while it was parked in a driveway in the 100 block of North Adams Street. Nothing was reported missing.
• Two unlocked vehicles parked on a driveway in the 10 block of South Quincy Street were rummaged through between 11 p.m. Jan. 5 and 9:47 a.m. Jan. 6. Nothing was reported missing.
• An unlocked vehicle was entered and a garage door opener stolen between 7 p.m. Jan. 2 and 9 a.m. Jan. 3 while it was parked in a driveway in the 400 block of South Bodin Street. The victim observed the garage door to be half opened.
Porch pirates strike
• Two packages containing $149.88 in clothing were stolen between 4 and 4:15 p.m. Dec. 30 from a home’s front porch in the 600 block of Justina Street. The suspect, observed on surveillance camera, is described as a black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, white socks and black shoes.
• A package containing $315.16 in clothing was stolen between 3 and 7 p.m. Dec. 30 from a home’s front porch in the 700 block of North Oak Street.
• A package containing a $100 knife block was stolen at 9:10 p.m. Dec. 27 from the porch of a home in the 400 block of South Adams Street. The suspect, observed on surveillance video, is described as a thin white male wearing a black ball cap and dark colored clothing. The incident was reported Jan. 4.
The driver’s side of a vehicle was scratched from the front fender to the rear quarter panel between Dec. 14 and 28 while it was in a parking stall in the 5700 block of South Garfield Street.
Attempted burglary reported
The front door glass of Jimmy John’s, 777 N. York Road, was broken at 10:08 p.m. Dec. 24. No entry was gained to the business.
Identity theft incidents
• The identity of a resident of the 400 block of East First Street was used to open a checking account at 9:48 a.m. Dec. 24. A loan request using the victim’s identity was denied. No dollar loss was reported.
• The identity of a resident of the 5600 block of South Oak Street was used to open a cellphone account at 2:04 p.m. Dec. 26. The account has an outstanding balance of $847.
• Credit card information belonging to a resident of the 200 block of South Monroe Street was used to make $8,335.09 in fraudulent charges Sept. 16 to 18. The incident was reported Dec. 24.
• The identity of a resident of the 5700 block of South Garfield Avenue was used to open two fraudulent bank accounts on Dec 11. No dollar loss was reported. The incident was reported Dec. 26.
• Fraudulent charges and withdrawals totaling about $20,000 were reported from a checking account belonging to a resident of the 10 block of East Birchwood Avenue between Jan. 1 and Nov. 30. The incident was reported Dec. 30.
A resident of the 700 block of South Bodin Street sent an unknown suspect $450 using Zelle at noon Jan. 2 for show tickets advertised on Craigslist but has been unable to contact the suspect since.