Last updated 12/18/2019 at 6:28pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Dec. 18.
• John Rhead, 57, 9359 S. Saint Louis Ave., Evergreen Park, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08, disobeying a traffic control device and transportation of open alcohol by a driver at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 13 in the 10 block of North Grant Street. Police were dispatched to a report of an intoxicated motorist and found an open bottle of vodka in the car. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Jesus A. Hernandez, 24, 796 Bloomfield Lane, Aurora, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content higher than .08 and speeding at 5:30 a.m. Dec. 14 at 55th Street and Interstate 294. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Drivers license violations
• Jennifer Estevez, 34, 305 W. 59th St., No. 2, Hinsdale, was cited for driving with a revoked license at 3:06 p.m. Dec. 11 at Madison and 57th Street. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Patrick J. McPartlin, 54, 59 Derby Court, Oak Brook, was citied for driving with an expired license (2015) and driving with an expired registration at 7:36 p.m. Dec. 13 at York Road and Ogden Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Forgers write bad checks
• Someone forged four fraudulent checks for $8,035 on the checking account of LaMantia Design and Remodeling, 20 E. Ogden Ave., from Nov. 7-8. The incident was reported Dec. 10.
• A known suspect forged six personal checks totaling $5,761.75 against the checking account of a resident of the 5600 block of South Garfield Avenue.
Package never received
A package containing a $185 holster was taken from the outside of a home in the 300 block of East Third Street on Sept. 2. The victim reported the item was shipped with tracking data when he notified police of the theft Dec. 11.
Burglaries from motor vehicles
• Someone entered a vehicle while it was parked in a driveway in the 900 block of Cleveland Road and rummaged through the interior between 2 and 3:30 a.m. Dec. 11 The victim alerted her neighbor, who discovered her vehicle also had been rummaged through and $10 was missing. Both of the vehicles were unlocked and parked in a driveway.
• Someone entered a victim’s unlocked vehicle while it was parked in a driveway in the 200 block of East Eighth Street and rummaged through the interior, taking the garage door opener and loose coins. The victim received an alert that her garage door opened and immediately closed at 1:31 a.m. There were no signs of entry into the garage, and nothing was missing or disturbed.
Hit and run reported
A victim reported scratches, chipped paint and a red paint transfer on the front drivers side quarter panel of his vehicle after it was valet parked in the lot at 40 S. Clay St. between 2 and 4 p.m. Dec. 9. The incident was reported Dec. 11.
Identity theft reported
Someone attempted to open a credit card using the information of a resident of the 5500 block of South Garfield Avenue between Dec. 4 and 10. The suspect contacted the victim’s bank, made changes to her personal information and requested a new debit card. The incident was reported Dec. 11.