Last updated 11/13/2019 at 5:17pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Nov. 12.
• David A. Crampton, 43, 240 Eighth St., Downers Grove, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and improper lane use at 1:58 a.m. Nov. 10 at Grant and Ninth streets. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Gloria N. Frias, 48, 439 Sterling St., Justice, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and improper lane use at 4:07 a.m. Nov. 10 in the parking lot at 440 E. Ogden Ave. Police checked a vehicle in the lot with the engine running and lights on and observed the suspect seated in the driver seat. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Arrest for stealing packages
Jay Luis Mendoza, 37, 703 W. Liberty St., Wheaton, was served with two misdemeanor complaints Oct. 30 for a theft that occurred Sept. 16 in the 200 block of North Washington Street. A suspect driving a red Ford pickup truck was seen exiting the truck and taking two packages, valued at $47 and $135, off a resident’s porch. The suspect was identified on surveillance video with the assistance of the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office who were investigating a similar package theft in unincorporated Downers Grove. Mendoza was already in custody at DuPage County Jail for a residential burglary in Oak Brook when he was implicated in this case.
Suspended license arrests
• Natalie Espinoza-Chavez, 20, 4026 N. Lincoln St., Westmont, was arrested for driving with a suspended license and operating an uninsured vehicle at 12:28 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 600 block of West Ogden Avenue. She was charged and released to appear in court.
• Beatriss Olivia Barbee, 37, 550 Chase Drive, No. 6, Clarendon Hills was arrested for driving with a suspended license, operating an uninsured vehicle and improper lane use at 1:58 a.m. Nov. 8 at 55th and Grant streets. She was charged and released to appear in court.
Jewelry stolen from home
A $4,000 gold chain with a diamond cross, a $7,000 gold band with diamonds and a platinum wedding band with diamonds of unknown value was stolen between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Oct. 23 from a home in the 400 block of North Lincoln St. The jewelry was missing from a bedroom dresser drawer after the homeowner had painters working in the home. The incident was reported Nov. 5.
Identity theft cases reported
• A fraudulent $3 charge to an online charity was made on a credit card account belonging to resident of the 500 block of Burr Oak Road at 9:07 a.m. Nov. 7.
• Fraudulent charges totaling $227.96 were made on a credit card account belonging to a resident of the 200 block of South Bodin Street between Oct. 18 and 20 at a gas station and a fast food restaurant. The incident was reported Nov. 7.