Last updated 11/6/2019 at 3:59pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Nov. 5.
Controlled substance suspected
Raul Alberto Garcia, 23, 4550 Prairie Ave., No. 1F, Brookfield, was arrested for driving with a revoked license, improper use of registration and operating an uninsured vehicle at 6:46 p.m. Oct. 31 at 55th and Quincy streets. Police said he was in possession of a green leafy substance suspected to be cannabis and a white powdery substance in small baggies. He was charged and released to appear in court, with additional charges pending lab results.
Vehicle burglary arrest
Dean Michael Simmons, 30, 15W750 Shepard Lane, Burr Ridge, was arrested on a felony charge of burglary and a misdemeanor charge of theft Oct. 31. He is accused of entering an unlocked vehicle parked in the garage at Spinning Wheel Apartments, 21 Spinning Wheel, and stealing three pairs of pants valued at $25 to $35 each and about $4 to $5 in change on Oct. 24. He was observed on surveillance video and identified. He was charged and taken to DuPage County jail.
License violation arrests
Zachary J. Zeidel, 18, 601 W. Seventh St., Hinsdale, was arrested for driving with a suspended license at 12:52 p.m. Oct. 31 in the 10 block of South Monroe Street after he was stopped for disobeying a stop sign. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Thief takes coins, jewelry
A man claiming to be a ComEd employee is suspected of taking jewelry and about $2,000 worth of silver coins from a home in the 5700 block of South Elm Street between 3:50 and 4:10 p.m. Oct. 30. The man came to the side door of the home, claiming he was a ComEd employee who needed to check the electrical panel in the basement. The victim told the suspect to leave after he accessed the panel. Later the victim discovered his dresser drawers had been rummaged through and the items were missing. The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 150 to 170 pounds and wearing a heavy coat and hat.
Laptop, morphine, placard missing
• An employee of Manor Care, 600 W. Ogden Ave., reported that a $500 laptop in a box under her desk was taken between Oct. 11 and Oct. 14. The theft was reported Oct. 29.
• The staff of Manor Care, 600 W. Ogden Ave., reported an employee said she had thrown away a bottle of morphine between 8 and 8:30 a.m. Nov. 1, but they were unable to locate the bottle in the garbage.
• A handicap placard was taken from a car parked in the lot at Spinning Wheel Apartments, 21 Spinning Wheel, between 6 p.m. Oct. 24 and 9 a.m. Oct. 25. The victim was not sure if the car was locked. There were no signs of forced entry and nothing else was taken. The theft was reported Oct. 28.
Hit and run reported
A witness saw someone a garbage truck strike a cable wire in the 500 block of North Garfield Avenue and drive away just after 10 a.m. Oct. 28.
Identity thefts reported
• Someone bought $1,200 of clothing from various retail stores using the credit card information of a resident in the 500 block of Childs Avenue between 8 a.m. Oct. 28 and 11:47 a.m. Oct. 29.
• The information of a resident of the 500 block of Justina Street was used to open three credit cards sometime before 8:50 a.m. Nov. 1.