Last updated 10/30/2019 at 3:43pm | View PDF
Hinsdale police distributed the following reports Oct. 30.
Arrests for suspended licenses
• Michael E. Nielsen, 35, 10S515 Ivy Lane, Willowbrook, was arrested for driving with a suspended license and driving with one headlight at 10:55 p.m. Oct. 22 in the 400 block of West 55th Street. He was charged and released to appear in court.
• Javier Alaniz Jr, 28, 1470 W. Carmen Ave., No. 102, Chicago, was arrested for driving with a suspended license and speeding at 7:48 p.m. Oct. 24 in the 300 block of West Ogden Avenue. He was charged and released to appear in court.
Three pairs of pants valued at $25-$35 each and about $4 to $5 in change was stolen from an unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the parking garage at the Spinning Wheel Apartments, 21 Spinning Wheel, between 2 and 3 a.m.
Email hacking scam case
An email account belonging to a resident of the 10 block of West Birchwood Avenue was hacked, and an email was sent to the victim’s contacts asking for money between May 24 and 28. The victim purchased $600 in gift cards and sent the card numbers to the suspect. The incident was reported Oct. 23.
Identity theft incidents reported
• Personal information belonging to a resident of the 600 block of South Adams Street was used to purchase a $449 cell phone and to open a Verizon Wireless account on Oct. 13. The incident was reported Oct. 21.
• Someone used the information of a resident of the 500 block of South Washington Street to purchase a vehicle at a Chevrolet dealership in Albany, N.Y., on Oct. 14. The victim contacted the dealership before the vehicle was shipped and the sale was canceled. The incident was reported Oct. 22.
• A fraudulent ID card was used at a bank in Minnesota to steal $5,000 from bank account belonging to a resident of the 200 block of North Lincoln Street between noon and 12:30 p.m. Oct. 23. The suspect attempted additional withdrawals from other locations but was unsuccessful.
• Personal information belonging to a resident of the 400 block of North Grant Street was used to open a Verizon Wireless account and purchase a cell phone on Oct. 17. The incident was reported Oct. 27.
Tools stolen from truck
A $300 chainsaw and a $300 hedge trimmer were stolen from the back of a pickup truck while it was parked on the street in the 10 block of Bonnie Brae Road sometime before 10:25 a.m. Oct. 23.
Wallet stolen, debit card used
A wallet containing an ID, $80 to $100 cash, and debit and credit cards was missing from a patient’s bag of possessions when he was discharged from the Amita Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale, 120 N. Oak St., following his stay Sept. 16-24. The victim noted a fraudulent charge on his debit account in the amount of $8 and reported the theft to police Oct. 25.
Refusal to pay cab fare
Police were dispatched for a dispute over cab fare at 4:42 a.m. Oct. 22 in the 200 block of East Ogden Avenue. A known suspect was refusing to pay the taxi fare of $171.